Kofta Balls and Potato Skins Platter
- 12 small potatoes (preferably Maris Piper/King Edwards)
- 200g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Reaper Habanero
- 1kg lamb mince (makes 36 small balls)
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the potato skins
Preheat oven to gas mark 8/232°C/450°F.
Place the potatoes onto a baking tray, place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking fry or grill the bacon until crisp, then finely chop and set aside.
Once baked halve each potato and scoop out some of the flesh.
Put the flesh into a bowl along with the Reaper Habanero, cheese, spring onions and bacon. Mix together and then dollop the mixture into each potato half.
Place the potato skins back into the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Take out and serve.
For the koftas
Mix all ingredients together (apart from the oil). Roll the mixture into small golf-sized balls.
Heat a frying pan with oil and fry the meatballs for 10 minutes until cooked, turning occasionally so that all sides are brown.
Take the kofta balls out with a slotted spoon and drain any excess oil with kitchen paper.
Serve on a platter with the potato skins, tzatziki, salsa and flatbreads.