Pulled Jackfruit Sliders
- 560g can jackfruit, drained
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 red onion, 1 chopped and 1 finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dark Habanero
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small bread buns
- 1 medium red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- pinch of sea salt to taste
For the pulled jackfruit
Place the oil in a saucepan and heat to low to medium.
Add the onions and garlic and fry until softened.
Then add the Dark Habanero, paprika, sugar, salt, cumin, vinegar and stock and turn up the heat, stir and cook on high for 5 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
Return the pan back on the heat and add the jackfruit. Cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked remove from the heat and with two forks shred the jackfruit.
For the coleslaw
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
To make the sliders, slice the buns in half, place a bit of the jackfruit mixture on the bottom bun then add some coleslaw and cover with the top bun. Enjoy!