Winter Sausage & Bean Stew
- 9 thick quality sausages of your choice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin cannellini beans, juices drained
- 200ml chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons Winter Chilli Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- olive oil for frying
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Add oil to a pan and brown the sausages.
Remove sausages from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and fry until softened and the onions are translucent. Then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
Then add the chicken stock, bay leaves, tinned tomatoes, cannellini beans, Winter Chilli Sauce and parsley to the pan. Return the sausages to the pan, cover and cook on a medium to low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve with mashed potato or crusty bread.